Sheetmetal (Joiner) Newport News
Arlington, VA 22202
Craft and Technical Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing Marine and Industrial Staffing Company with offices all over the country. We are currently reviewing resumes for Sheetmetal Mechanics.
The Sheet Metal Mechanic must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities to lay out, fabricate, assemble, modify, repair, and install sheet metal products. The following is a list of typical work that a Sheet Metal Mechanic might be asked to perform:
- Assemble, modify, install and repair various sections into sheet metal products such as shipboard ventilation systems, housings, shields, metal partitions, metal furniture and doors, galley equipment, strainers, stowage bins and a variety of special custom made small parts peculiar to ship repair work.
- Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler
- Utilize the full array of metal working machines and measures with various precision instruments as required.
- Coordinate and arrange for the work of several trades in connection with performing work from information received from technical work documents, blueprints, specifications, written and/or oral instructions.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment
- Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns) and shop equipment (drill press, press break, Shears etc.)
- 1 year Industrial/naval sheet metal experience as a Sheet Metal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work
- Must Be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
CTS offers Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical Insurance as well as Dental and Vision benefits to ALL eligible employees.
We pay referral bonuses to employees who refer qualified candidates. Call a CTS Representative for details. We also offer other types of rewards (i.E. Employee of the month, hire on bonuses, etc)
Safety and responsible work practices are of paramount importance at CTS and are woven into the fabric of everything we do. We are committed to our employee s safety, the protection of the environment and the communities where we operate. We look forward to working with you in the near future and are ready to be a partner in your career success!
CTS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability