Sheet Metal Mechanic
Newport News, VA 23607 US
Craft and Technical Solutions is a fast-growing Marine and Industrial Staffing Company with offices all over the country. We partner with businesses as well as job-seekers to place individuals into positions efficiently. We are looking for 1st and 2nd Class Sheet Metal Mechanics to work in Newport News, VA. Competitive pay and benefits offered for qualified candidates. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume or call 757-726-7999.
- Candidates must be able to identify and measure appropriate sizes of Sheetmetal;read and understand basic drawings, sketches and written requirements;rip out and installation of spaces within the vessel assigned to;know various materials to include galvanized steel, aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Candidates must be able to operate and use trade hand and power tools such as saber saws, drill motors of different sizes, grinders, ribbit guns, etc.
- Candidates must have 3-4 years experience.
- Candidates must also be able to assist advanced mechanics with fabrication process.
- Performs continual checks of lubrication of systems on operating equipment. Checks and records levels, temperatures and pressures and makes necessary corrections.
- Candidates are responsible for creating and installing building parts made of Sheetmetal.
- Must have reliable/own transportation.
- Clean background to get dbids badge on base.
- Comfortable with heights.
- Lift 50lbs without assistance.
- Must understand the layout of the ship and compartment identification, Basic reading, writing and math skills required.
CTS, LLC offers a comprehensive benefit package to eligible employees. Eligible employees may enroll in:
- Dental & Vision
- Life & LTD
- Critical Illness
Per Diem may be provided to eligible employees who travel out of town for work to reasonably reimburse them for some or all daily lodging, meals, and incidental expenses.
Referral bonuses to employees who refer qualified candidates, call a CTS Representative at 888-211-7844 for details.
Safety and responsible work practices are of paramount importance at CTS and are woven into the fabric of everything we do. We are committed to employee safety & development, the protection of the environment and the communities where we operate. We are ready to be a partner in your career success!
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
CTS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Meet Your Recruiter
Mid-Atlantic Area Manager
Sophia Hooks joined CTS in November 2021, after 2 years in the marine industry and over 16 years of business operations, leadership, Human Resources, administrative management, and supportive roles in the health and dental industry. She received her BA in Business Administration from the State University of New York, and her Master's Degree in Business and Public & Community Health from Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA. She is a military spouse veteran that works within the community to help transitioning service members find jobs to secure their future. Her true passion is for leadership that helps to find opportunities that allow people to support their families and future ambitions.