San Diego, CA 92113
Craft and Technical Solutions is a fast-growing Marine and Industrial Staffing Company with offices all over the country. We partner with businesses as well as job-seekers to place individuals into positions efficiently. CTS is accepting applications for Maintenance Mechanics for work at a local Ship Yard in San Diego. Two positions are available. One each for 1st and 3rd shift. A drug screen with be administered to all candidates chosen for hire.
Required experience, skills and training:
- Requires trade school certificate in mechanical training or equivalent work experience performing mechanical repairs in heavy equipment.
- Other required skills are precision measurement & alignment, hydraulic systems, engine repair and overhaul and equipment operations.
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment and system from schematics, diagrams and other manufacturer supplied documentation.
- Must be able to work from heights and enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be trained in lock out tag out procedures and personal protective equipment.
- Experience using pneumatic tools, bearing and gear pullers, table saws, bench grinders, polishers, port a powers, chain falls, welding equipment, gear press and vises required.
Performs mechanical repairs and maintenance to the yard facilities, utilities, and production equipment. Performs new installations and modifications to yard facilities, buildings, structures, utility distributions, and production equipment. Installs and removes temporary portable production support equipment portable utility distributions and other services on-board ships and in the yard. Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position. NO DBIDS OR OSHA REQUIRED.
CTS offers Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical Insurance as well as Dental and Vision benefits to ALL eligible employees.
We pay referral bonuses to employees who refer qualified candidates. Call a CTS Representative for details. We also offer other types of rewards (i.E. Employee of the month, hire on bonuses, etc)
Safety and responsible work practices are of paramount importance at CTS and are woven into the fabric of everything we do. We are committed to our employee s safety, the protection of the environment and the communities where we operate. We look forward to working with you in the near future and are ready to be a partner in your career success!
CTS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability